MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF FOWLMERE PARISH COUNCIL

HELD AT SCHOOL ROOM, UNITED REFORMED CHURCH

ON TUESDAY, 21 FEBRUARY 2006 AT 7.30 PM

 

PRESENT: Cllr D Woods – Chairman

Cllr M Bates – Vice Chairman

Cllr D Roberts

Cllr A Newby

Cllr P Flynn

Cllr B Hawkins

Cllr A Lucas

Cllr P Mullock

Mrs J Fletcher - Clerk

IN ATTENDANCE: Cllr T Stone

One resident

 

 

APOLOGIES – There were no apologies

Action

1.

MINUTES OF MEETING OF 17 JANUARY 2005

 
 

The minutes were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

2.

MATTERS ARISING

 
 

Archiving

Cllr Roberts advised that the clerk should contact Mr GM Roberts who may be able to help.

Rectory Lane/Long Lane

Cllr Roberts had advised Cambridge Housing Association that the halogen light had not been shaded. CHA had contacted the builder regarding this light and other outstanding remedial works and stated that if the builder doesn’t deal with this they will remedy the light problem themselves by the end of the month. Residents have been informed.

Savings Account

No further action will be taken regarding a Building Society account. Online banking will be researched.

URC Grass Cutting - Cllr Newby has still to contact Mr I Shaw.

Fire Shed - Cllr Newby will chase this matter again.

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

Cllr Newby

Cllr Newby

3.

DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN AGENDA ITEMS - There were no declarations

 

4.

COUNTY COUNCIL AFFAIRS.

 

 

 

Cllr Stone advised that as the Government would like to remove one level of Council, SCDC and CCC would be discussing the implications of a possible merge.

The region has been conducting an examination in public regarding the local government framework and now has an idea of what this part of the world should look like.

The Government has decided that the elderly should have free travel on local buses only within the local council area. As this ruling would mean bus passes were not valid in the city centre, efforts are being made to clarify the situation.

CCC has today set their budget with a tax increase of 5% which is equal to 81p extra per band D household.

Response to the latest consultation was very poor. Cllr Woods commented that times and venues should be considered when arranging consultation meetings as most people are in full-time work.

Cemex, Barrington

Cemex at Barrington is still to submit a planning application which will be decided by CCC. Cllr Stone is a member of the committee.

Mill Road

CCC has advised that the house in Mill Lane has been built in the wrong place which has resulted in the bollards being too close to the highway.

Cllr Bates stated that the problem is that the bollards are within 1 metre of the highway.

Cllr Roberts mentioned that the wall is in the original place so the position of the house is not significant.

Cllr Stone will take this up with CCC.

Cllr Stone suggested a visit to site with Mike Cooper would be advisable. Cllr Roberts asked to be involved in this visit.

Knotweed Fence

CCC has no statutory obligation to erect this fence. Cllr Roberts stated that CCC had previously agreed this would be carried out.

Cllr Stone said that this statement was a mistake as to erect a fence on private land would be establishing a precedent.

Cllr Newby believed the landowner should block the field.

Cllr Roberts suggested a hedge be planted as an alternative solution. Cllr Newby suggested that the PC could fund such a project. The Chairman and other Councillors were not in agreement.

Mr C Wall, a resident in attendance, was asked for his comments. Mr Wall did not believe a fence should be funded by the public purse and also felt that the knotweed could possibly re-grow.

Cllr Woods will speak to the landowner to amicably resolve the matter.

Cllr Stone left the meeting at 7.50 pm

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Woods

5.

PLANNING

 

5/A

 

 

 

 

MINUTES OF MEETING OF FOWLMERE PARISH COUNCIL PLANNING COMMITTEE

HELD AT DOROTHY PLUCK ROOM, ST. MARY’S CHURCH on TUESDAY 7 FEBRUARY 2006 at 7.30pm

PRESENT: Cllr D Woods (Chairman Parish Council), Cllr P Flynn (Vice Chairman Planning Committee), Cllr A Newby, Mrs J Fletcher (Clerk)

Apologies were received from Cllr D Roberts, Cllr A Lucas and Cllr M Bates

1. S/2445/05/PNA – Agricultural Building, land at Long Lane – A Deans

As the application is submitted by an ex Parish Councillor, the meeting declared an interest and will therefore abide by the decision of SCDC Planning Officer.

2. Tree Application – Beechwood House, Rectory Lane – C Neild

The meeting had no objection to this application and will be guided by the decision of the Tree Officer.

3. Updates - 2 Champions Close - Permission granted

4. Other Matters

a) Cllr Newby mentioned that ten dwellings had now been completed and sold on the Rectory Lane/Long Lane development.

The meeting agreed that a letter be sent to SCDC regarding the 106 Agreement payment to the Parish Council from the contractor.

b) Cllr Newby had noted that on one dwelling a room had been built above the garage and a window included in the gable end.

The plans will be checked before any action is taken.

The planning meeting closed at 7.45 pm

5. Local Development Framework – South Cambridgeshire Submission

Due to time constraints, the South Cambridgeshire Local Development Framework Submission documents were discussed after Planning business had been concluded. Documents can be viewed at www.scambs.gov.uk Non Planning committee Councillors were invited to attend - Cllr B Hawkins arrived at 8.45 pm

The meeting unanimously agreed that representation or comment on the documents was not applicable to Fowlmere. A letter will be sent to this effect.

 

 

5/B

Planning matters discussed at the present meeting

 
 

S/2035/00/F – Amended application, Long Lane/Rectory Lane.

Cllr Woods read a letter from SCDC which confirmed the applicant proposes to erect a picket fence along the front boundary of plots 2 and 3 to the same specification as used to the front of plot 1. The meeting unanimously agreed that the brick wall should be reinstated and a letter will be sent to this effect. Cllr Roberts will check the plans and confirm to the Clerk by email.

 

 

 

Cllr Roberts

Clerk

 

Footway Lighting

SCDC had clarified the situation regarding the possibility of Fowlmere Parish Council taking over footway lighting in the village. There are 36 lights and annual maintenance will cost approximately £32.67 per light. Power and Insurance costs will be extra (insurance approximately £258 per annum).

Cllr Newby confirmed that the precept allowance is sufficient to cover any costs for these lights.

 

6.

BURIAL BOARD

 
 

Cemetery Extension

Cllr Woods requested the padlock key to the cemetery shed in order that volunteers could renovate the benches.

Chapel Electricity

Cllr Bates will liaise with the Clerk in order to submit the application before the middle of March.

 

Cllr Roberts

 

 

Cllr Bates

 

The meeting was opened to the public – nothing to mention or discuss

 

7.

CO-OPTION

 
 

One formal application has been received and one telephone expression of interest. As the telephone call had not been followed by a written application the Clerk will arrange an interview for one applicant on Tuesday 28 February after the Planning meeting.

 

 

Clerk

8.

FINANCE

 
 

Clerk’s Salary

Cllr Woods advised that the official increase in Clerks’ salaries had been published and that from April 2006 the Clerk would receive an increase. The meeting was in agreement with this.

 

 

8/A

Cheques signed at the current meeting:

Mrs J Fletcher Salary (January) £ 191.76

Cambs. County Council Annual Grass cutting The Butts £ 400.00

CALC ABA membership renewal £ 55.00

 

9.

CORRESPONDENCE

 

 

Refurbishment of the village hall – extensive list of work plus a request for support in principle from the Parish Council.

Cllr Bates was concerned that VAT rules would be infringed should the Parish Council deal with invoices. Cllr Newby advised that the purchase of goods was in order but not payment for services.

Cllr Woods proposed a meeting with Peter Lake to discuss the proposals.

Cllr Roberts felt the village hall would be eligible for a large amount of funding.

The letter and attachments will be circulated to the PC before further discussion takes place.

Low Cost Housing

Granta Housing had written to ascertain the Parish Council’s opinion on a proposed low-cost housing development in the village.

Cllr Roberts advised that the first approach should be to SCDC after which the Parish Council would be asked to comment. A letter to be sent to this effect.

Thank you letter received from Hilary Black about the new trees on The Butts. This was gratefully received by Councillors.

Cllr Hawkins had been advised that drains in the High Street, in front of Jackson’s Way houses were badly blocked. CCC will be contacted.

Disabled Parking

The headmaster of Fowlmere school had requested a disabled parking bay be marked in the lay-by opposite the school. CCC will be contacted.

Voluntary First Registration Title

Letter from the Land Registry regarding registration of all landholdings (Land Registration Act 2002). The meeting unanimously agreed to proceed with this.

Cllr Roberts reminded the meeting that the Parish Council should also register two clunch pits.

 

 

 

 

Cllr Woods

Clerk

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

Clerk

 

 

Clerk

10.

OTHER MATTERS

 
 

Cllr Hawkins requested assistance with the completion of the Local Heritage initiative forms. Cllr Bates will assist.

Cllr Roberts had received a complaint regarding the changed lighting at Stanley Barnes cottages. Cllr Roberts advised that SCDC will remove three lights to reduce the glare.

Cllr Bates

Cllr Hawkins

11.

CONFIRM DATES OF NEXT MEETINGS

Parish Council Tuesday, 21 March 2006

Finance Tuesday, 4 April 2006

Parish Council Tuesday, 18 April 2006

 
 

The meeting closed at 8.30 pm.

 
 

Clerk to the Parish Council: Julie Fletcher, 21 Ryecroft Lane, Fowlmere, SG8 7TT