MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF FOWLMERE PARISH COUNCIL

HELD AT SCHOOL ROOM, UNITED REFORMED CHURCH

ON TUESDAY, 21 MARCH 2006 AT 7.30 PM

 

PRESENT: Cllr D Woods – Chairman

Cllr D Roberts

Cllr P Flynn

Cllr B Hawkins

Cllr P Mullock

Mrs J Fletcher - Clerk

IN ATTENDANCE: Cllr T Stone

 

 

APOLOGIES – Apologies were received from Cllr M Bates, Cllr A Newby and Cllr A Lucas

Action

1.

MINUTES OF MEETING OF 21 FEBRUARY 2005

 
 

The minutes were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

2.

MATTERS ARISING

 
 

The Chairman requested that all outstanding matters arising from previous minutes should be cleared prior to the Annual Meeting.

Archiving

Cllr Roberts advised that the clerk should contact Mr GM Roberts who may be able to help.

Rectory Lane/Long Lane

The problem with the halogen light has still not been resolved so Cllr Roberts will contact the Housing Association again.

Online Banking

As bank statements are now only received quarterly, online banking has been set up and should be active within 10-15 days.

URC Grass Cutting - Cllr Newby has still to contact Mr I Shaw. Cllr Woods will speak to Cllr Newby to clear this matter as soon as possible.

Fire Shed – This item is still not finalised.

Knotweed Hedge Gap

Cllr Woods had spoken to Mr D Sheldrick who understood the position but reiterated that CCC had stated they would erect a fence to block the gap after the removal of the Japanese Knotweed. Cllr Woods had advised him that the Parish Council could not set a precedent by funding a fence. The meeting suggested that a hedge be planted - Mr Sheldrick mentioned he would be willing to extend the ditch but was concerned that there may be cables under the ground. The Clerk will contact CCC regarding the possibility of underground cables.

106 Agreement – Rectory Lane/Long Lane

The Clerk had telephoned SCDC who advised they will contact the Developer on behalf of the Parish Council regarding the payment of £15,000 in respect of the maintenance of open spaces on this site.

Cllr Roberts advised Cllr Stone that under this Agreement there was also a £15,000 educational contribution to be made by CCC. Cllr Stone will raise this matter with CCC.

Village Hall

The Chairman of the Trustees for Fowlmere Recreation Ground and Village Hall, Mr Peter Lake, had been advised that the PC would like to meet to discuss the proposals in his 11 February 2006 letter. Cllr Woods suggested a sub-committee be set up consisting of Cllrs Woods, Bates and Hawkins from the PC and that a meeting be arranged some time in April. Mr Lake had advised that he, Tamasin Goodfellow and Julie Webb would represent the Village Hall.

Cllr Roberts advised that Mr Lake had already been provided with a Funding Pack.

Low Cost Housing

Cllr Hawkins advised that Mr Sheldrick had enquired about the development of land behind Westfield Road. Cllr Woods reminded the meeting that the PC is unable to become involved in these projects until an approach has been made by SCDC. There is still a question of ownership of this plot and Cllr Woods will look for plans of the area.

Drains in High Street

One drain has been cleared but the drain near the PC notice board was not accessible due to a parked car. Cllr Roberts will advise Mike Cooper of CCC to knock at adjacent houses to request the car is moved.

Cllr Roberts will be meeting Mike Cooper at 10.00 am on 22nd March to look at drain problems in Lynch Lane.

Disabled Parking

The Clerk had contacted CCC who required extensive information before a disabled bay could be allocated outside the School. CCC had been advised to contact Mr Elcock the Headmaster direct for this information.

Voluntary First Registration

Docments had arrived to carry out this registration and the Clerk had suggested that PC solicitors be asked to complete the form – they also hold the original deeds which will be required. The meeting agreed that this should be arranged.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

Cllr Roberts

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Newby

Cllr Woods

Cllr Newby

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

Cllr Stone

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Woods

 

 

Cllr Roberts

Cllr Roberts

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

3.

DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN AGENDA ITEMS - There were no declarations

 

4.

COUNTY COUNCIL AFFAIRS.

 

 

 

Travel

Cllr Stone advised that new travel policy, effective on 1 April, was very complicated but that free travel concessions will be withdrawn on local buses. Also, the Park and Ride half fare concession will be discontinued.

There will be cuts of £500,000 for support of bus services. Councillors mentioned that the Fowlmere bus service was far too limited to be used by more people.

Cemex

The application has been withdrawn.

Mill Road

  • Cllr Stone advised that the road cannot become one-way nor can there be a ban on heavy vehicles.
  • CCC has suggested warning signs near the bend plus at the end of the road advising the road is not suitable for HCVs.
  • The posts will not be removed but will be replaced with black and white reflector posts.
  • CCC has a small funding for road patching/surfacing and this could be used to improve the corner.

Interactive signs

Cllr Stone advised that one of the 20 mph flashing signs is to be moved as the solar panel is obscured by leaves and branches.

Footway Lighting

By 1 April CCC will need to have power supply agreements with Parish Councils.

Police Service

The Government has decided that Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire will merge by 7 April. The neighbourhood watch initiative will still go ahead.

Planning

Cllr Stone advised that a housing development was proposed on the land opposite the Trumpington Park and Ride plus a relief road from the M11 to Addenbrookes Hospital which will also be used by the new development.

 

 

5.

PLANNING

 

5/A

 

 

 

 

MINUTES OF MEETING OF FOWLMERE PARISH COUNCIL PLANNING COMMITTEE

HELD AT DOROTHY PLUCK ROOM, ST. MARY’S CHURCH on TUESDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2006 at 7.30pm

PRESENT: Cllr D Woods (Chairman Parish Council) Cllr P Flynn (Vice Chairman Planning Committee), Cllr A Newby, Cllr A Lucas, Mrs J Fletcher (Clerk)

Apologies were received from Cllr M Bates

1 Tree Application – Green, High Street – Mr SM Goodfellow

The meeting is supportive of the application but would appreciate the Tree Officer visiting site due to the large number of trees to be removed.

2 Other Matters

Advice was received from SCDC that the change of use application to extend the cemetery was validated on 20 February 2006. A decision is possible by 17 April 2006.

The meeting closed at 7.40 pm

 

 

 

5/B

MINUTES OF MEETING OF FOWLMERE PARISH COUNCIL PLANNING COMMITTEE

HELD AT DOROTHY PLUCK ROOM, ST. MARY’S CHURCH on TUESDAY 14 MARCH 2006 at 7.30pm

PRESENT: Cllr D Woods (Chairman Parish Council), Cllr D Roberts, (Chairman, Planning Committee) Cllr P Flynn (Vice Chairman Planning Committee), Cllr M Bates, Cllr A Lucas, Cllr P Mullock, Mrs J Fletcher (Clerk)

Apologies were received from Cllr A Newby

1 S/0565/04/F – Dwelling (amended design) Land adj. 24 Pipers Close – Hamden Construction Co Ltd

The meeting had no objections to this application as there would be no material effect on the area.

2. S/0309/06/F – Extension to Cemetery – Fowlmere Parish Council

All Councillors present declared a personal and prejudicial interest in this application and no discussion took place.

3. Other Matters

Barrington Cement Plant - A letter had been received from Cemex advising that the planning application for a new plant has been postponed. An application will be made for a new facility to be constructed on the coast.

The meeting closed at 7.40 pm

 

5/C

MINUTES OF MEETING OF FOWLMERE PARISH COUNCIL PLANNING COMMITTEE

HELD AT SCHOOL ROOM, UNITED REFORMED CHURCH on TUESDAY 21 MARCH 2006 at 7.15pm

PRESENT: Cllr D Woods (Chairman Parish Council), Cllr D Roberts, Cllr P Flynn (Vice Chairman Planning Committee), Cllr P Mullock, Mrs J Fletcher (Clerk)

Apologies were received from Cllr M Bates, Cllr A Newby and Cllr A Lucas.

1. S/0436/06/F – Extension to Boarding Cattery – Springfields, Fowlmere Road, melbourn – Mrs M Blyth

The meeting had no objection to the application as the extension will fit into the present business and area.

2. Other Matters

Rectory Lane/Long Lane

– 106 Agreement

The Clerk had telephoned SCDC who advised they will contact the Developer on behalf of the Parish Council regarding the £15,000 to be paid to the Council in respect of the maintenance of open spaces.

- Wall

Cllr Roberts will visit the site to check whether the reinstatement of the wall had taken place.

- Garage Windows

Cllr Roberts will check with SCDC to ascertain whether windows in garage roofs had been included in the approved plans.

The meeting closed at 7.30 pm

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Roberts

 

Cllr Roberts

6.

BURIAL BOARD

 
 

Cemetery Extension

Cllr Woods had been asked by Mr Sheldrick for an update and had advised that both agents were continuing to deal with the matter.

Chapel Electricity

An application for funding had been completed and submitted to Awards for All.

Shed Key

Cllr Mullock will pass a key to Cllr Woods so that the renovation of the benches can be undertaken.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Mullock

7.

CO-OPTION

 
 

Cllrs Woods and Bates had met with Mr Kohler and suggested a visit to a PC meeting would be beneficial. Cllr Woods will write and ask if he is still interested in becoming a Councillor.

 

Cllr Woods

8.

ROUND MOAT

 
 

Cllr Woods had received an email from a new resident advising that he would like to tidy his land that adjoins the Round Moat. Cllr Woods had advised that this matter was not the responsibility of the PC. Cllr Lucas will contact the gentleman and advise him of the PC plans for the area.

Cllr Roberts advised that SCDC had already made a visit to this man.

Cllr Roberts also advised that neighbours in Ryecroft Lane had seen a herd of roe deer in the vicinity of this man’s property and that caution should prevail so as not to cause harm to the herd.

 

 

Cllr Lucas

9.

FINANCE

 

9/A

Cheques signed at the current meeting:

Mrs J Fletcher Salary (February) £383.52

Cambs. Water Cemetery rates £ 39.92

URC Room Hire £165.00

 

10.

CORRESPONDENCE

 

 

Fowlmere School - Request for £2000 contribution towards swimming pool.

Cllr Roberts declared an interest in this item and left the room.

The meeting felt that as contributions to a large number of projects for the benefit of Fowlmere children had been made in the past, a sum of £500 should be offered on this occasion. The meeting was unanimous in this decision.

 

11.

OTHER MATTERS

 
 

RoSPA will be inspecting the play equipment some time in April.

Cllr Mullock provided leaflets on Duxford forthcoming activities.

 

12.

CONFIRM DATES OF NEXT MEETINGS

Finance Tuesday, 4 April 2006

Parish Council Tuesday, 18 April 2006

Annual Parish Meeting Tuesday, 9 May 2006

PC Annual Meeting Tuesday, 16 May 2006

 
 

The meeting closed at 8.40 pm.

 
 

Clerk to the Parish Council: Julie Fletcher, 21 Ryecroft Lane, Fowlmere, SG8 7TT