MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF FOWLMERE PARISH COUNCIL

HELD AT SCHOOL ROOM, UNITED REFORMED CHURCH

ON TUESDAY, 18 APRIL 2006 AT 7.30 PM

 

PRESENT: Cllr D Woods – Chairman

Cllr M Bates

Cllr D Roberts

Cllr P Flynn

Cllr A Lucas

Cllr B Hawkins

Cllr P Mullock

Mrs J Fletcher - Clerk

IN ATTENDANCE: Cllr T Stone

Two residents

 

APOLOGIES – There were no apologies.

Action

1.

MINUTES OF MEETING OF 21 MARCH 2006

 
 

Item 2 ‘Matters Arising’ - Cllr Roberts advised that contact would be made with Cambridge Housing Society and not SCDC.

After the above correction the minutes were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

2.

MATTERS ARISING

 
 

Archiving

Mr GM Roberts has agreed to provide space to store the archive boxes.

Rectory Lane/Long Lane

Cllr Roberts has contacted the Housing Society regarding the halogen light but as nothing has been resolved a letter will be sent.

Online Banking

Application form has been sent and online access can take up to 5 weeks.

URC Grass Cutting - Cllr Newby has contacted Mr I Shaw and cleared any confusion.

Fire Shed – This item is still not finalised.

Knotweed Hedge Gap

EDF Energy will be sending plans of any underground cables in the area.

106 Agreement – Rectory Lane/Long Lane

SCDC advised they will contact the Developer and forward a copy of the letter to the PC.

Village Hall

The Working Party will attend a fact-finding meeting on 20 April at the Village Hall.

Low Cost Housing

Cllr Woods will provide Cllr Stone with a copy of a map showing division of ownership of the plot.

Drains in High Street

Drain clearance in the High Street has been completed.

CCC had advised Cllr Roberts that Lynch Lane will be cleared.

Voluntary First Registration

A quotation from solicitors to carry out registration of land has been received. The Clerk will clarify that a price for completion of the form is all that is required at present.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Woods, Bates, Hawkins

Cllr Woods

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

3.

DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN AGENDA ITEMS - There were no declarations

 

4.

COUNTY COUNCIL AFFAIRS.

 

 

 

Website

Cllr Woods advised that the Fowlmere website has received 5372 hits.

Concessionary Fares

Cllr Stone advised that SCDC does not have funds for a concessionary fares scheme and that there will not be a countywide scheme included unless the Government changes its mind. In June bus passes will be coloured-coded to differentiate between the City and SCDC.

Waste Treatment

The County now has beacon status for the treatment of waste and also for procurement. This status provides a £70,000 cash grant.

South Cambridgeshire recycling is higher than the rest of the country.

Street Lights

A contract with Parish Councils has not yet been signed.

Signage

Mike Cooper of CCC is to have all illegal signs removed from roadsides. Signs for village fetes and fund-raising will be allowed providing CCC is advised. The signs will be allowed for 7 days before and 7 days after an event.

Mill Road

Two more drainage grilles have been installed to combat flooding.

Interactive Sign

The school interactive sign has still not been moved.

Educational Contribution

The £15,000 education contribution is being collected by CCC. Inflation will be added to the amount.

Cllr Stone left the meeting at 7.50 pm

 

 

5.

PLANNING

 

5/A

There had been no meetings within the month.

 

5/B

Rectory Lane – Wall and Garages

Cllr Roberts advised that SCDC are discussing the reinstatement of the wall and that the garages will be treated as a separate matter.

After looking at old photographs SCDC has agreed that the wall should be reinstated. Cllr Roberts had told SCDC that the matter is urgent as the development is almost completed.

An email had been received from Mr Townend pointing out that the PC had minuted refusal of his first application but had not minuted the fact that on 11 November 2005 SCDC granted permission for his application S/1787/05/F.

Cllr Roberts mentioned that the owners of the Chequers will be submitting an application for a single-storey extension for staff bedrooms at the back of the premises. Cllr Woods pointed out that no view could be made until an application has been received by the PC.

Mr Ward had telephoned asking to speak about a planning application which has not yet been received by the PC. Cllr Woods mentioned that there will be a planning meeting on 25 April and Cllr Roberts clarified that as the applicant is a member of the Parish Council the meeting would be declaring a personal and prejudicial interest so no comments could be made. Mr Ward was advised to make an appointment with SCDC Planning Officer and point out his concerns.

 
 

The meeting was opened to the public.

As there were no comments the meeting was then closed to the public.

 

 

6.

BURIAL BOARD

 
 

Cemetery Path

A quote had been received from JP Webster for £2,500 to lay a path at the cemetery. The meeting unanimously agreed to proceed with this project.

Shed Key

Cllr Mullock will pass a key to Cllr Woods so that the renovation of the benches can be undertaken.

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Mullock

7.

CO-OPTION

 
 

A letter had been sent to Mr Kohler who has expressed his continued interest in becoming a member of the Council. Cllr Woods will arrange a meeting to discuss current village issues and pass over the last three month’s minutes.

 

 

Cllr Woods

8.

ROUND MOAT

 
 
  • Cllr Lucas advised that a resident in Aldous Court is concerned about a barbed wire fence at the boundary of his land and the Round Moat. Cllr Lucas has still to discover the owner of this fence.
  • Most bat boxes are in place and some ivy has been cleared.
  • Funding application is still to be completed and will be done before the May meeting if possible.
  • Following permission from English Heritage, work will be carried out on two more access points.
  • There are now no volunteers to work in the Moat.

 

Cllr Lucas

 

Cllr Lucas

Cllr Lucas

9.

FINANCE

 

9/A

Minutes of the meeting of Fowlmere Parish Council - Finance Committee held at the Dorothy Pluck Room, St Mary’s Church, Fowlmere on Tuesday 4th April, 2006 at 7-30 p.m.

Present: Cllr A Newby (Chairman), Cllr D Woods, Cllr P Flynn, Cllr D Roberts, Cllr B Hawkins, Mrs J Fletcher (Clerk to the Council),

Apologies for Absence: Cllr M Bates

1 Minutes of the previous meeting

Minutes of the 10th January 2006 were approved as a true record.

2 Matters arising

There were no matters arising

3 Review of Income and Expenditure

There was nothing to report.

4 Trees and Grass

The first cut in the village has been carried out.

Cllr Newby has clarified with Mr Shaw the contract conditions regarding grass cutting at the URC: should extra cuts be necessary Mr Shaw will inform Cllr Newby by telephone.

Cllr Newby will speak to Martin Hardy of Hardy Landscapes regarding their contract, following which a formal letter will be sent.

CCC had advised that their contribution to village grass cutting would be reduced and will now reflect four cuts rather than five as last year. An invoice has been submitted.

Cllr Roberts enquired if major tree work was required in the village. Cllr Woods mentioned that work at the Round Moat was the only scheduled tree work for the coming year.

5 Future Projects

Following a request from Fowlmere School to contribute towards a swimming pool, the meeting agreed that as a large proportion of Parish Council funds had been provided in the past for the benefit of children in the village, £500 only would be donated. This will mean that funds remain available for other groups in the village to benefit from future projects.

This item will be ratified at the 18 April main PC meeting.

Cllr Roberts suggested the path leading to the chapel at the cemetery be improved. Quotes will be obtained for various coverings, e.g. tar spray, gravel or tarmac.

Following receipt of correspondence regarding improvements needed at the Village Hall, there will be a fact-finding meeting on 20 April.

6 Other Matters

106 Agreement – Rectory Lane/Long Lane

SCDC Legal Department will be contacting the Developer to secure the £15,000 due to the Parish Council under this agreement. The Clerk will request an update from SCDC.

7 Date of Next Meeting - Tuesday 4th July 2006

The meeting closed at 8.05 p.m.

 

9/B

Matters Arising from Meeting

The meeting ratified the decision to provide a donation of £500 to the school swimming pool.

The meeting ratified the decision to proceed with a path at the cemetery.

Insurance Premium

The renewal invoice has been received for play equipment insurance – items to be insured remain the same as last year.

Precept

The first instalment of the precept has been received.

War Memorial Trust

The meeting agreed to re-subscribe to this organisation.

 

9/C

Cheques signed at Finance meeting:

British Telecommunications £54.99

Cheques signed at the current meeting:

Mrs J Fletcher Salary (March) £383.52

Mrs J Fletcher Expenses £ 19.99

Mrs R Shaw URC grass cutting (March) £ 45.00

Mrs R Shaw URC grass cutting (April) £ 40.00

St Mary’s church Room Hire £108.00

 

10.

CORRESPONDENCE – there was no correspondence to discuss

 

 

 

11.

OTHER MATTERS

 
 

Cllr Flynn mentioned that the swings on the Butts are squeaking – Cllr Lucas will apply some oil.

Cllr Hawkins had been told that the village sign near the caravan park has gone missing.

Cllr Lucas

12.

CONFIRM DATES OF NEXT MEETINGS

Annual Parish Meeting Tuesday, 9 May 2006

PC Annual Meeting Tuesday, 16 May 2006

PC Meeting Tuesday, 20 June 2006

Finance Meeting Tuesday, 4 July 2006

PC Meeting Tuesday, 18 July 2006

 
 

 

The meeting closed at 8.25 pm.

 
 

Clerk to the Parish Council: Julie Fletcher, 21 Ryecroft Lane, Fowlmere, SG8 7TT