MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF FOWLMERE PARISH COUNCIL HELD AT SCHOOL ROOM, UNITED REFORMED CHURCH ON TUESDAY, 17 JUNE 2008 AT 7.30 PM

PRESENT: Cllr M Bates (Chairman), Cllr D Woods, Cllr P Flynn, Cllr W Kohler, Cllr A Eades, Mrs J Fletcher (Clerk)

IN ATTENDANCE: Three residents

 

Cllr W Kohler signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office in the presence of the Proper Officer.

Actions

1.

APOLOGIES – Apologies were received from Cllrs. D Roberts, B Hawkins, P Cook and P Mullock

 

2.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – There were no declarations of interest in agenda items.

 

3.

MINUTES OF MEETING OF 20th May 2008 - The minutes were agreed and signed as a true record

 

4.

MATTERS ARISING

 
 

Bus Shelter

Cllr Roberts will visit Tony Deans regarding a quotation for the bus shelter.

Mr A Jackson had provided the PC with names of a timber contractor and he will be approached.

Butts ‘No Access’ Sign

Tim Stone had advised that CCC had no funds available and suggested that as vehicles concerned are trying to get to the Butts Industrial area, the businesses should be approached for contributions.

Hanley Grange

Leaflets had been distributed throughout the village.

AE had attended the meeting at Pampisford.

All emails on this subject will be forwarded to all Councillors.

Speeding through the Village

DW had contacted the Police and been advised that some speed checks had been carried out with more planned before July.

Play Equipment

A quotation had been received but did not cover everything required. PF will contact again.

MB will provide DW, PF and Clerk with the list of minor work to be carried out.

Cassander Close

Councillors had heard that the Residents were unable to proceed. DW therefore advised Taylor Vinters to suspend work and will contact N Pettit for information.

Shepreth Road A10 Crossing

Tim Stone had advised there are no plans to improve this crossing.

Footpath opposite St Mary’s Close leading to Chapel Lane

In the absence of Cllr Roberts SCDC’s comments on the removal of the fallen tree will be heard at the July meeting.

 

Cllr Roberts

Cllr Bates

 

 

Cllr Bates

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Flynn

Cllr Bates

 

 

Cllr Woods

 

 

 

 

Cllr Roberts

5.

COUNTY COUNCIL AFFAIRS - There was no report.

 

6.

PLANNING

 

6/A

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF FOWLMERE PARISH COUNCIL PLANNING COMMITTEE HELD AT THE DOROTHY PLUCK ROOM, ST. MARY’S CHURCH ON TUESDAY, 10 June 2008 at 7.30 PM

PRESENT: Cllr D Roberts Chairman, Planning Committee, Cllr M Bates Chairman, Parish Council, Cllr P Flynn, Cllr D Woods, Cllr A Eades, Mrs J Fletcher Clerk

APOLOGIES: Cllr W Kohler

IN ATTENDANCE: Three residents from the village

Election of Planning Committee Chairman

Cllr Bates asked for nominations for the post of Chairman. Cllr Flynn proposed that Cllr Roberts should continue and Cllr Woods seconded the proposal. The meeting agreed unanimously.

Cllr Roberts took over as Chairman.

Election of Planning Committee Vice-Chairman

Cllr Roberts proposed that Cllr Flynn should continue as Vice-Chairman. This was seconded by Cllr Woods and the meeting agreed unanimously.

1. Declarations of interest (if any)

Before discussion Cllr Roberts declared that if an application is later placed before South Cambridgeshire District Council she will approach any new information afresh.

2. S/0797/08/F – Extension and Porch, 5 Westfield Road – Mr & Mrs Nicholson

The meeting examined the above application together with a copy of a letter and photographs that had been sent to SCDC by neighbours. The meeting was then opened to interested parties.

Neighbours stated that they had no objection to the porch or development of single storey floor space at the back of the property. Of concern was the building of a second-storey. This would encroach on the section of their home that was in constant use by the whole family and should the extension go ahead they would be viewing a brick wall and lose considerable light.

The neighbours felt that such an extension could set a precedent which would take the row of properties to the next value level thereby creating an imbalance in the housing market in the village.

Cllr Roberts explained that the Planning Committee could only decide on whether the proposal is within planning policies.

The meeting agreed to recommend refusal as the extension will have an overbearing affect on both neighbouring properties, is far too large in proportion to the existing building and will be detrimental to neighbours on both sides.

3. S/0846/08/F – Extension, Hideaway, Lynch Lane – Mr K Biggs

The meeting had no objections to this application as there will be no affect on neighbours. The proposal is for a fairly small extension on a sizeable property and is therefore acceptable.

4. S/0863/08F – Raising of roof to provide first floor living accommodation, Lynburn, Thriplow Road – Mr I Wilson

The meeting had no objections to this application as there are similar properties in the vicinity. The proposed works will not affect any neighbours.

5. Tree Applications – There were no tree applications to consider.

6. Other Matters and Updates

2 New Farm Close – Mr & Mrs J Tuck

SCDC has granted permission for this extension.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 7.50 pm.

 

7.

BURIAL BOARD

 
 

The ashes of the late Alice Margaret Ward were scattered on the 11 June.

Crack in Chapel Wall

DW and DR will meet Marcus at the cemetery to discuss the Surveyor’s report.

Meter Reading

An estimated first invoice of £557 had been received for electricity. MB read the meter and only 9 units have been used. E.on will be contacted.

Soil Spoil

A pile of soil spoil has been left near the shed. Mr A Deans very kindly volunteered to remove this.

Plot Levelling

Mrs Adams had asked what was required to level her late husband’s grave. MB remarked that a number of graves had not settled adequately. Enquiries will be made to employ a contractor to carry out this work.

 

 

Cllrs Woods/ Roberts

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

The meeting was opened to the public

 
 

Mr & Mrs Nicholson were interested in the comments that had been made on their application at the recent planning meeting.

MB emphasised that the PC is not a decision-making authority and only provide comments on applications to SCDC.

Mr A Deans advised that a planter at the war memorial has been damaged. The same style is not available so a decision on whether to have three planters or replace all four will have to be made.

DW will look at the cost of replacing all four planters.

MB stated that the PC is very appreciative of the work Mr & Mrs Deans’ carry out to keep the planters looking attractive.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Woods

 

The meeting was closed to the public

 

8.

TREES, GRASS AND HEDGES – There was nothing to report.

 

9.

FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES

 
 

DW advised that the annual accounts are now with external auditors.

A full finance report will be available following the Finance Meeting on 8th July.

 
 

Cheques signed since May meeting

Mrs J Fletcher May salary £ 404.64

Hardy Landscapes May grass cutting £1165.60

 

10.

CORRESPONDENCE - There was nothing to discuss regarding correspondence

 

11.

OTHER MATTERS – There were no matters to discuss.

 

12.

CONFIRM DATES OF NEXT MEETINGS

Finance Meeting Tuesday, 8th July 2008

PC Meeting Tuesday, 15th July 2008

PC Meeting Tuesday, 16th September 2008

The Clerk gave apologies for the 8th July Finance meeting. Also apologies for the 15th July meeting (Cllr Roberts will take minutes at the PC meeting).

 
 

The meeting closed at 7.55 pm

 
 

Clerk to the Parish Council: Julie Fletcher, 21 Ryecroft Lane, Fowlmere, SG8 7TT