MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF FOWLMERE PARISH COUNCIL HELD
IN THE SCHOOL ROOM, UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, CHAPEL LANE
15TH APRIL 2014 AT 7.30 PM

PRESENT: Cllr D Roberts (Chairman), Cllr T Bearpark, Cllr J Bottrill, Cllr P Flynn, Cllr E O'Regan, Cllr J Peacock, Cllr M Sunderland, Cllr L Wragg and Mrs J Wright (Clerk)

IN ATTENDANCE: Shirley Wittering and Dr Howe



Actions

1.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:
There were apologies from Cllr Wragg


2.

DECLARATION OF INTEREST IN AGENDA ITEMS:
No items were declared. Cllr Roberts asked to bring item 6 forward, to allow Mrs Wittering to go home after speaking about a village map.


3.

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING OF 18TH MARCH 2014:
The minutes were agreed and signed as a true record.


4.

MATTERS ARISING:
Cllr Roberts says that nothing has changed re Dotterill Hall, Clerk to contact Peter Topping to point this out and ask him to pass this on.


Clerk

5.

COUNTY COUNCIL AFFAIRS INCLUDING TRAFFIC IN FOWLMERE:
Cllr Topping was unable to attend the meeting. Regarding traffic (the meeting was opened to Dr Howe on this matter), Dr Howe attended the meeting and has concerns over the Cereals event in June. Dr Howe has spoken to the organisers and Cllr Topping but other than the Police suggesting a sign is put up, no further action is to be taken. It was be dangerous, increasing the traffic in the village with over 1000 cars on two days. Duxford events only use main roads (A10 and A505) so why can't this apply to this event? Clerk to contact Cllr Topping, expressing concern and many parishioners don't know this is happening, and ask for an update or how the PC can best influence and stop as much traffic as possible through the village. The circular sent to the village seemed to only reach two councillors.

Stephen Thulborn from CCC is to attend the meeting on 20th May to discuss the successful traffic bid.









Clerk

6.

VILLAGE MAP - SHIRLEY WITTERING
Cllr Roberts welcomed Shirley to the meeting and she presented some ideas for a new Fowlmere map, taking in local wildlife and historical points of interest. The Clerk to ask all Cllr's for ideas to be included and liaise with Shirley on its development.



Clerk

7.

UPDATE ON THE VILLAGE HALL
Cllr Roberts circulated the lease document and updated the PC on the current situation. Cllr Roberts and Cllr O'Regan currently share the representation at the meetings of the VH Trustees. The PC were originally told this arrangement was acceptable and have been working with this arrangement but Mr Bates has said only one person can be named. Cllr Roberts has no desire to continue attending the meetings and feel there is nothing to be gained in continuing as there are other anomalies which need to be sorted out.

Further discussion ensued surrounding the VH meetings. Cllr Flynn resigned her position from the Parish Council from this point forward.

The Clerk read out a comment made by Rachel Collins about the wording of the January 2015 minutes. Clerk to write to the VH in response regarding those matters mentioned above.

The fact that ideas have been circulated and not shared is a real problem and the VH will not move forward unless professional advice is sought. Clerk to ask CAPALC for advice.














Clerk



Clerk

8.

PLANNING COMMITTEE:
A) PLANNING MINUTES FROM 18TH MARCH 2014:

MINUTES OF A MEETING OF FOWLMERE PARISH COUNCIL PLANNING COMMITTEE HELD IN THE SCHOOL ROOM, UNITED REFORM CHURCH, CHAPEL LANE, FOWLMERE ON TUESDAY 18TH MARCH 2014 AT 7:15PM

PRESENT: Cllr D Roberts (Chairman), Cllr J Bottrill, Cllr E O'Regan, Cllr J Peacock, Cllr M Sunderland, Cllr L Wragg and Mrs J Wright (Clerk)

APOLOGIES: There were apologies from Cllr T Bearpark and Cllr P Flynn

IN ATTENDANCE: There was no one in attendance

1. Declarations of interest (if any)
Cllr Roberts declared that if an application is later placed before South Cambridgeshire District Council she will approach any new information afresh. Also, because Cllr Roberts is a District Cllr at SCDC, the same applies and she will look at any application, which goes to SCDC, afresh.

2. C/11/40/029
Application to undertake work on trees situated within a conservation area
Fairhaven, Long Lane, Fowlmere
Dr M Parker


The Parish Council has no objection to the branch being taken from the birch but would query the need to remove the maple (when pruning might suffice?) and will defer to the advice of the Tree Officer at SCDC.

3. S/0106/14/NM - For Information Only - Amendment
Non-material amendment to planning permission S/1299/13/FL (Outbuilding) comprising omission of 300mm inset to achieve a straight west wall 300mm from the boundary,
Field House, Thriplow Road, Fowlmere, SG8 7QT
Mr Richard Hollway

The Parish Council noted the amendment.

4. S/2730/13/FL - For Information Only - Permission Granted
Enlarge study over garage, form new study in single storey link between house and garage
7 Cassander Close, Fowlmere, SG8 7SF
R & A M Mason

The Parish Council noted the decision

5. S/0281/14/DC - For Information Only - Discharge of Conditions
Discharge of conditions 1, 2, 5, 7, 8 and 10 of S/1226/11
The Nurseries, The Way, Fowlmere, SG8 7QS
The Way (Fowlmere) llp

The Parish Council noted the discharge of conditions

6. S/0316/14/LD - For Information Only
Application for Lawful Development Certificate for a proposed conversion of garage and rear first floor gable dormer extension development.
Home Cottage, Thriplow Road, Fowlmere, SG8 7QT
Grant Bage

The Parish Council noted the application and Cllr Roberts will ask for further information about this.

7. S/1966/13/VC - For Information Only - Notice of Appeal
Removal of condition 4 on planning permission S/2521/11 restricting retail use to allow unrestricted retail use.
Dean Farm, Long Lane, Fowlmere, SG8 7TG
Mr T Dean

The Parish Council noted the appeal and Cllr Roberts explained some of the history of the application. Cllr Wragg suggested the PC writes another submission to support the factual points made in the report and reiterates that the PC supports the Local Plan. The majority were in agreement.

8. Other Matters and Updates
Other Matters and Updates (for information only)

The possibility of an additional meeting in April due to a recent planning application in today.

The meeting closed at 7:30pm

**************************************************

The minutes were agreed and signed.






9.

BURIAL BOARD:.
There was a request for an ashes internment from the Wilkinson family.

The Clerk to chase payment re Woods funeral from Skeates.




Clerk


10.

TREES, GRASS AND HEDGES:
A) THE MOAT

This was covered in the earlier Finance meeting




11.

    FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES:
    B) AGREEMENT OF FIGURES FOR 2013-14 AUDIT
    This was covered and agreed in the earlier Finance Meeting



12.

CORRESPONDENCE
The correspondence list was noted

Lamorna has responded re the planting of the area in Savile Way and some of the Cllr's will meet to assess the area before going back to Lamorna with their views.


Vacancies - Clerk to update the vacancies on the noticeboard/web.


The Cllr's accept Cllr's Flynn resignation and the Clerk to write and thank her for her time on the PC and wish her every success for the future.





Clerk/All



Clerk


Clerk

13.

ACTION LIST UPDATE:

The action list was updated accordingly.

A) ANNUAL VILLAGE MEETING

The date of the meeting is Tuesday 6th May 2014. Cllr O'Regan is not able to attend the Village Meeting

Clerk to send out invitations to the Village Meeting and put it on the Fowlmere Facebook page.








Clerk

14.

OTHER MATTERS:
The date of the next PC meeting is Tuesday 6th May 2014 at 7:30pm for the Annual Village Meeting (St Mary's) and Tuesday 20th May 2014 at 7:30pm at the Chapel for the next PC Meeting.


There is a leak down Pipers Close and it was suggested that the village may need a clear out of the drains (which is via CCC). It was suggested that the PC keeps an eye on the verges which are at the mouth of Savile Way as large vehicles are driving on them to get around parked cars in the high Street..


The meeting closed at 9:30pm






4